Monday, April 17, 2006

it starts... but will it go all the way? hope not.

When you first meet somebody, you find out they like you- first of all, friend of a friend of theirs says he/she really likes you. It kills you, floors you, sends you to the ground. Then you get their phone number, you call em up and you say 'Yeah, that was a great phone conversation, can I see you sometime?'

Then they say, 'I'd like that.'

'I'd like that' makes you fall on the floor again, your heart's about to stop because of 'I'd like that'.

Nothing feels better than 'I'd like that'.

So now, your blood pressures going, you're 6' off the ground, you cant sleep, because of 'I'd like that'.

So then you hang out for a while and you call and talk on the phone all the time. Then, you drop what feels like the bomb.

You say 'Ya know what, I've been thinking about you a lot'.

She says 'ahhhhhhh', and you ask “What happened', and she says, 'I'm sorry, I've just been thinking about you a lot too.' Bam, higher than the sky.

But 'I'd like that', gone. Now you're on to 'I've been thinking about you'.

Now, however many weeks, months go by, makes you feel comfortable saying 'I gotta tell you something, I'm in love with you', and nothing in the world sounds better than 'I'm in love with you'.

Then maybe she starts crying, or maybe he gasps, and suddenly you're like 'I'm in'.

But now, what doesn't work? 'I'd like that,' and 'I've been thinkin about you.'

Now we're at 'I'm in love with you.'

Maybe some day it moves on to 'I love you,' fast forward to 'I love you a lot', 'I love you more than anything in life,' now 'I love you' doesn't work...

It's a threshold, it keeps moving up.

Fast-forward like 6 months 6 weeks, whatever the case may be, now you're like 'I wanna marry you, I want to impregnate you with my love, I wanna just send my love to you... damnit, words don't work anymore.'

Then, you say this line, you know you have, 'I just wish they'd put a new word in the dictionary bigger than love because love just doesn't describe what i feel.'

So then, now he/she starts asking 'Do you love me?' you go 'Of course i do.'

She says 'Say it!' 'Say it twice', 'Say it 3 times!'

Then you cross a really interesting point where all the sudden it becomes 'I hate you'... and you go 'Oh my god she hates me!' Then it becomes 'I hate you more than anything'. Then its like 'We're over', and they go 'No were not', 'Yes we are', now the words completely don't work at all.

You're left with nothing, you're throwing punches underwater. You're done.

Ya know what the moral of that story is?


NEVER, ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of 'I'd like that.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home